All photography provided by Arlo Townsend
Since 2003 I have worked full-time teaching/guiding the sport of Fly Fishing on the Truckee River, its tributaries, and Pyramid Lake. My goal each day on the water is to bring the best possible fly fishing experience to participating anglers in the Reno/Tahoe area. I teach both the fundamental and modern techniques of fly fishing.
Learn how to
- Read Water
- Understand fish feeding behavior and when to implore dry fly, nymph or streamer tactics
- Identify insects
- Cast a fly rod (overhead casting, roll-casting, water-loading casts, and spey)
- Handle fish properly for successful catch & release.
- Tie knots and line rigging
- Follow correct fly fishing etiquette
- Stay safe and confident on the water
- Professional Fly Designer/Signature tyer for Umpqua Feather Merchants
- Simms Guide Ambasssador since 2006
- Pro Staff RL Winston Fly Rods
- Scientific Anglers Pro Staff
- Costa Del Mar Pro Staff
- Hatch Reels Pro Staff
- Several published articles in Fly Fishing Magazines such as Northwest Fly Fishing, Southwest Fly Fishing, and CA Fly Fisher.
- Speaker at Simms Ice Out 2012-13